Thursday, July 9, 2009

Sometimes there are things I want to write about, but don’t feel are worth a whole blog post, more like a paragraph, or sentence. So I took a page from Bill Simmons of espn.com and started writing tangents, and nothing but tangents. These have no flow, they’re the equivalent of the sample appetizer at chili’s, a little bit of mozzarella sticks, a little bit of chicken tenders, something for everyone, so without further adieu…

Thoughts while wondering whatever happened to Harold Miner…

Signs you know your baseball team isn’t going to the playoffs: they’re manager shows up late to games and doesn’t wear pants, they look like rejects from the Abercrombie and Fitch catalogue, they’re trying to trade their best player, and last but not least, they’re the New York Mets!

I wish I could bet on things, like The Toronto Raptors will regret not taking the Heat’s Beasley for Bosh trade.

Music is life, music makes me happy, makes you dance, sing, laugh, and cry. Music can also drive you crazy, which can be the only thing that explains the Lady Gaga era.

I’m done with hip hop, I’m sorry. Ten years ago was the second golden age. We had Jay-Z, DMX, Red and Meth in their prime, Eminem was on the cusp, Dre had just dropped 2001, and Lil Wayne was just something to listen to when you wanted to party, nothing more, and nothing less. Now, the best rapper is Lil Wayne, and the best up and coming rapper is a guy who’s famous for getting shot in a Canadian teen soap opera. Other than Eminem’s new album, or any new album by someone old school, that’s it, I’m done! How hard can it be to find dope new rappers? Did people stop freestyling on street corners in Brooklyn and the Bronx? Did Compton clean up its act? Did they stop drinking syrup in Texas? Did Mayor Richard Daley pass a law that says that Kanye and Common are the only rappers from Chicago that can blow up and force Kanye to give up rap to use Auto-Tune? This is pissing me off, I can’t take it. I blame 50 Cent for this!

Someone is following my twitter (@tommygalicia) who goes by the name Lauren Galicia…I’d love to meet her brothers Tomas and Hektor, her sister Lizzette, her parents Robert and Marta, and her boyfriend Stephen.

And, she’s hott! Too bad there’s no effing way I’d date her that would just be awkward!

Saw a guy wearing a t-shirt that said: “I’d rather be snorting cocaine off a hooker’s ass!” I’m happy that my ex Amanda found someone, she deserves it!

How hard is it to get a driver’s license in Miami now a days? When I did it I had to study for a written exam, then practice. Now it seems like they get issued to you the second you get off the banana boat. What gives?

You know you’re on a bad first date when a girl starts to discuss wedding plans, or you’re dating a fire-crotch I know

Speaking of fire-crotches, rumor has it that Lindsay Lohan turned down the role of the stripper in “The Hangover” which is only the biggest comedy of the summer. Her reason was she didn’t think the film would do well at the Box Office. So she did what any other sane actor in Hollywood would do and went and made a straight to DVD release. Now first off, when you’re Lindsay Lohan in 2008 (when she was offered the script) I’m sure you know that prime roles aren’t exactly coming your way. You peaked with Mean Girls at the age of 18, not because of your talent, but because of everything crazy that happened. Considering that The Hangover was made by the director of “Old School” you might as well give it a shot right? What’s the worst that can happen? The film bombs it won’t be because of you because you’re not the star, and your situation doesn’t change. The film does well though, and people start to think “Hey, Lindsay Lohan is back! Maybe if she can stay clean we should give her another shot!” It would’ve been the greatest comeback since Robert Downey Jr.
Besides, it’s not like Lindsay is getting any of the roles we all thought she’d be getting at the time. (Not when there’s two Jessica’s, Scarlett Johansson, Megan Fox and the like) She can’t afford to be picky at this point in her career. She turned down a film that became the biggest comedy of the summer, to make a straight to DVD flick, and it will only get worse, next stop: Cinemax late night! I know that seems funny, but honestly, I find it to be a sad ending to someone whom I thought was going to be the next Angelina Jolie. Hopefully there’s still time, but right now, I don’t know.

No comments:

Post a Comment