Sunday, January 16, 2011

If You're Happy And You Know It Write A Blog!!

I'm having what some may consider a super dee duper awesome day.

Did I get a promotion? Nope!

Did the Heat win? They didn't play, Bosh is hurt, and LeBron is still iffy for Tuesdays' game which I'll be covering for Bleacher Report and they're on a three game losing streak.

Did the Jets lose? No they won, convincingly.

Did I win money gambling? Nope, I only bet a buck on the Seahawks so that the Bears could advance since everytime I pick against the Bears they win.

So why am I happy? I'm sure you can figure it all out. Maybe it was just a great day. How do you celebrate a great day?

Happy Music!

I said, HAPPY MF'ING MUSIC!

Let's get this party started with some selections that helped me write the book, which has a new title.


Not exactly a "happy song" but it does have a nice vibe to it. One of my favorite songs of my teenage years. Sugar Ray's "Someday"


You HAVE to be happy when listening to this one. BTW, this song was on heavy rotation while I was writing. The positivity that radiates through Mangione's "Feels So Good" will get your mind right to write or create something great!


If you're down, this song will cheer you RIGHT UP! Thank you Chase Bank, you gave me another potential title to a book, what book I don't know, but a book.

True story: I just learned today that Matthew Wilder, who performed this version of the song, was white. And I'm the guy that knew at six years old that George Michael was gay when everyone thought he was in the words of Ben Affleck in Jersey Girl a "Stone Cold Pimp." So I'm usually good at identifying races and sexual orientations. Plus, he looks like Mario before he eats the first mushroom. I don't know if that made the song better or worse in my opinion.


"Some call me crazy, and they wonder why...I'm such a baby yeah the Dolphins make me cry!"
But this song doesn't. I don't care what you say, but I liked Hootie and The Blowfish.


Were Huey Lewis And The News the Hootie And The Blowfish of the 80's, or vice versa? Here we have two groups that releases some great pop-rock songs that are much maligned by many, yet somehow both sold five million plus albums. Why are they much maligned?

Oh and about Back To The Future...I have to write something about this trilogy sometime right? I will.


When all else fails...just play this song!

No comments:

Post a Comment