Thursday, January 29, 2009

Who Am I, and Why Do I Write

Most of you reading this know me, and probably have known me for a long time already. However, who knows, once I start posting more blogs on here, more people might read it. It may sound like wishful thinking, quite frankly it is, but, I like to think that there are other people who are into the same diverse, boring to some, exciting to others, kinda blah to the rest of the population, interests as I am, and that might drive up interest. Whatever, I still feel the need for this little exercise in mental masturbation to tell all of you a little about myself. Some of what I say might surprise you, some of it might offend you, hell, some of it will have you thinking that I'm a completely different person. I might even come off as a jerk. Just take this little disclaimer as you wish and don't complain if you get offended by something I might write later, because, I love making people feel uncomfortable. (That even includes breaking a rule and having an 8-sentence paragraph. Whatever I'm not trying to pass the FCAT here.)

I'm just your average 25 year old aspiring writer, which is slang for alcoholic. I've never been published, and despite working on a book about life in South Florida in the late-90's, I probably never will be published. If you need the vital stats, I'm 5'9 and I'm kinda chubby, but not as chubby as I was a month ago. (Thank you boot camp.) I have brown hair, brown eyes, and I wear glasses.

I'm as addicted to my blackberry as our President is. I'm also a drinker, (we went over that already.) I'm a huge sports fan, as my future posts will probably tip you off to. My favorite teams are the Chicago Cubs, Miami Dolphins, and Miami Heat. I also like fake sports, I'm sure you can figure out what that means.

I've had a lot of problems with women, but unlike other guys, I don't blame my mom for that, I do blame myself in some instances, and immaturity on the girls part in others. However, I know that somewhere out there, the right girl is out there, and when I find her I'll be happy. But I won't exactly be dissappointed if I don't.

I love music, all kinds, even country. If you have a problem with that, then stop being so damn ignorant. Music at its best should trancend "genres" and just be great to listen to. I'll be writing about music to.

I write because its good for the soul. It helps release any emotion you need. When I'm sad I write, when I'm happy I write. When I'm angry I write rhymes, and when I'm bored I work on my novel. Don't worry its not like I'm Brian from Family Guy. This book is getting done.

I work as a tutor at Wisce Choice Tutoring. Its fun, but I should be getting to work right now. If anyone has any questions they can e-mail me. Try to make them funny because I want to publish them in here as well. I want to start a mailbag like Bill Simmons where I answer random questions once a month, so participation from the readers would be great. My e-mail address is
somewhere on this page. So have fun reading what I have to say, I plan on posting stuff when I have the time or get struck with an idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment